Bird Seed Mandala
The meaning of the word mandala in Sanskrit is circle, representing the universe. The circle is symbol of the idea that life is never ending and everything is connected. The mandala also represents journey within yourself and allow the creative mind to run free and relax.
Some facts about our Bird seed Mandala:
- Our Mandala has a 2m diameter, the required space for social distancing
- Collective – engages people who live and work in the Grange.
- Ephemeral – symbolise our ethos of emphasising the importance of a journey in creating art.
- Connection to the outdoors and our gratitude to nature
- Freedom – Birds could symbolise the freedom. Our freedom of movement is controlled at the moment.
- Harmony – creating outdoor art with natural material, to live in harmony with nature and to attract the birds… to feel joy when watching them eating our art.
- Creative – creating an art piece and watching it being deconstructed by natural elements, birds etc.
- Sharing – art, nature, community spirit at this challenging time…