Job title: Support Worker – Supported Living Onsite
Hours: Full time position 37hrs per week
Reporting to: Team Leader
Salary: £17,169 to £18,209 (dependent on experience and qualifications)
The Grange is a welcoming, supportive organisation employing over 100 staff. We are a charity, a social enterprise and a housing association offering high-quality Supported Living and Residential Care services alongside a wide-ranging programme of Skills & Activities and work experience.
About the Role
You might find yourself accompanying someone to a medical appointment, involving them in choosing healthy menus, supporting them to cook dinner or just talking to them about a problem.
You do not need formal qualifications to be a Support Worker as we will provide full training and help you qualify for your Care Certificate. You need a friendly nature and flexibility to work one of two shifts that cover the hours 07.30 – 21.30, including weekends.
Full-time employees provide sleep-in cover on a regular basis (2-3 times per month) for which you receive additional pay of £45 per sleep-in.
A full job description is available upon request
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible and adaptable approach to shifts and rotas
- Some administrative and IT skills
- Ability to drive
- Experience of working with adults with learning difficulties
- Level 2/3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays, rising by 1 day per each year of completed service up to 4 years, pro rata
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Annual salary review
- Extensive internal training programme
- Free onsite parking
- Pay rise on completion of NVQ after probation
Due to the nature of the role we will undertake an enhanced DBS (at the cost of The Grange), and two satisfactory references will be required.
The Grange is an equal opportunities employer and is proud to have achieved the Investors in People Standard.
Part time will be considered.
Closing date: end-August 2019
or call Chirag Mehta for a chat Tel. 01372 452 608 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find ourt more about care work see the Department of Health and Social Care’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/everydayisdifferent/