Top five fundraising ideas
Fundraising is much easier when you do it with friends or work colleagues. Why not invite a Grange speaker – we’ll bring a stall, show our video and introduce you to people we support. Call us on 01372 452 608
1. Social and interest groups
If you are a member of the Women’s Institute, Rotary, a gardening club, choir or arts society – fundraising is easy. You can organise any of the classic community fundraisers: Cake bake, Plant sale, Quiz night, Raffle or Bring and Buy at one of your meetings.
- The Ashtead Link Group chose the Grange as their chariity of the year and raised over £1,000 from their monthly raffles and suppers.
- Epsom Probus raised £250 for us from their regular raffles.
2. Sports events
If you are a member of a golf or cycling club it’s easy to hold a fundraising event because you already have a group of people that you can contact easily and who share your interest.
Reigate Heath Golf Club organised a Charity Golf Day at their club. They raised money by
- Selling tickets that included a game of golf and lunch
- Organising a talk by the CEO of The Grange
- Holding a humorous auction event with donated prizes including rounds of golf and a private flight
- Total raised: £2,400 (including Gift Aid)
3. School or work
The cake bake is always a winner. These can be held in the coffee break or at lunchtime:
- Get permission
- Put up posters/get Grange leaflets from us
- Ask volunteers to bake a few cakes each
- Perhaps introduce a competition for ‘best cake’
- Ask for donations – people will pay more
Norma raised £300 with a cake bake at home and also sold crafts made at The Grange
Virgin Bank in Dorking raised over £100 from two lunchtime cake sales.
4. Dress down Friday
Easy peasy fundraising! Charge a fee for coming to school or work in casual gear. All you need is:
- Permission from school or work
- Charge a set fee (good for schools) or a donation (good for work)
- Decide where you will collect money, eg at the office entrance or walk round office with a collecting tin
5. Corporate charity schemes
If your employer runs a ‘Charity of the Year’ or other charity support scheme scheme, please put The Grange forward for consideration. UNUM charity raised over £20,000 for us in the past.