We’re looking for a Support Worker to provide waking night cover (37 hours per week or 74 hours over 14 days) in our friendly, 16-person Group Living Service. You will ensure that the people we support receive an excellent standard of physical, emotional and social care at night and also carry out some day-to-day administrative duties.
You will receive full training and support. Salary is £17,169 – £18,209
- Provide general support for anyone awake at night, respecting their personal wishes, choices, space and possessions and maintaining their privacy and individuality.
- Assist people we support in preparation for bed and waking in the morning as required.
- Carry out regular safety and fire checks around the service, ensuring that doors and windows are secure at all times.
- Develop an understanding of the administrative procedures relating to the people we support.
- Ensuring that satisfactory records are kept, for example, daily records, monitoring records
- Report all accidents/incidents or other health hazards in line with The Grange’s policy.
- Undertake some domestic nature, eg cooking, tidying
- Take part in regular supervision sessions with the Registered Manager and attend regular staff meetings
- Attend in-service training programs
- Be aware of and work within our Policies and Procedures including the regulations of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
Apply for this post online here
If you would like to chat to our HR officer about this post, contact email@example.com or Tel: 01372 452608
Deadline for applications: 31 December 2019